Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Reading Notes: Inferno: Satan

I decided to read Dante's Inferno this week and read the beginning of the story to see how the author starts and hooks the reader. In this post, I want to read the final part of the story. The final part of stories, in my opinion, should wrap up the story nicely and close all ideas that were introduced in the story. There can be cliffhangers too. As I read through there was a specific part of the of the story that was interesting in one of the paragraphs, Dante talks directly to the reader. That was a rare thing for me. I have not read many works where the main character directly talks to the reader. Dante specifically says the word reader. I was shocked and intrigued at the fact the main character in the situation that he was in would take the time to talk to the reader specifically. Dante tells the reader to use their imagination which is crazy. Many authors want a specific image to be seen by the reader, but this paragraph suggests that the reader needs to use their imagination to envision Dante in the situation that he is in at the current time. The conclusion section of the novel was very interesting to me. It had a lot of moving parts to me. There were multiple things to keep track of throughout the last few paragraphs. The very end of the story was interesting and a cool coincidence for Dante. Dante had found his way out of Hell, but it wasn't easy as there were countless people grabbing at his feet as he tried to get out. It was Easter Sunday when Dante emerged from Hell. This is a cool coincidence for the reader as Dante entered Hell on Good Friday. It is weird as it definitely seemed they were in Hell for a lot longer than three days. The conclusion of the story was spectacular and was everything that I wanted. It had a lot of action and movement and had a really cool ending. I will definitely be recommending Dante's Inferno to anyone that needs a good book to read.
A version of Dante's Inferno https://images.app.goo.gl/3zTFcsd928LqmgdL9

Bibliography: http://mythfolklore.blogspot.com/2014/07/inferno-satan.html

No comments:

Post a Comment