Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Reading Notes: Johnny-Cake

For the second reading of the week, I decided to read a new story that I was not familiar with at all. Johnny-Cake seemed as it was a good story to read and it didn't disappoint. When I began to read the story it seemed a little familiar but I couldn't put my finger on it. I read the story a couple more times and it finally made sense. It was the Gingerbread Man story. I didn't recognize it at first but it clicked in my head and the story really came to life. As I read through the story, the beginning was pretty funny because I related to it so much. I felt the boys reaction when he left the oven. It is boring just to watch something bake so I definitely would have left too. The Johnny-Cake outrunning the family was really funny. I would have never thought that a cake would be able to outrun a whole family. The cake must have been running extremely fast with how small his legs are. It was funny to see the Johnny-Cake continue to challenge people to running as he ran through the land. The Johnny-Cake got extremely cocky as he continued to rack up the people chasing him. Even animals began to give chase which was crazy. Johnny-Cake definitely was on a sugar rush. His run finally came to an end when he was eaten by a fox. The Johnny-Cake became too cocky and got too close to the fox who just sntached him up when the Johnny-Cake got close and yelled on the fox about how much faster he was than the fox and the rest of the people that were chasing him. The story was a great read and it was pretty funny to see what the Johnny-Cake was doing throughout as he ran away from all kinds of people.
Johnny-Cake leaving the house https://images.app.goo.gl/LuWMRThfdCyoSAUZA

Bibliography: http://mythfolklore.blogspot.com/2014/03/english-fairy-tales-johnny-cake.html

No comments:

Post a Comment