Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Reading Notes: The Three Little Pigs

This week I excited to be able to read multiple stories that I had read as a kid. I was torn between the English Fairy Tales and the Alice in Wonderland sections. I ultimately decided on the Fairy Tales. I was not disappointed at all. I enjoyed all the stories and decided to choose The Three Little Pigs. I was a huge fan of the The Three Little Pigs when I was younger. As I read through the story I thought it was a great story. One part that I thought was interesting was the role that the wolf had. The wolf began to huff and puff and attempted to blow one of the pigs houses down. His attempts failed and I was confused as in stories that I had read before, the wolf had no problem with the first two houses of the pigs. Well this was different and it was interesting to read and see how it worked. The way the wolf handled it was funny with the offering of the turnips. The pigs second house stood tall and ended up getting turnips, but the pig went before the wolf the next morning which made me chuckle a bit. As I continued to read I loved the story. It was awesome to see a different take on a childhood story that had been twisted into another version from the original Fairy Tale. The craziest part of the story was the last paragraph. The pig devises a great plan to beat the wolf as he climbs down the chimney trying to get into the house. The pigs had boiling water as I am used to reading, but the pigs end up feasting on the wolf. The close the pot on the wolf and he dies in the pot and the pigs eat him. I was shocked to read that as the ending of such a sweet story.
Cover of a Childrens Reading Book https://images.app.goo.gl/YB4a8SyZYHduGCq1A

Bibliography: http://mythfolklore.blogspot.com/2014/03/english-fairy-tales-three-little-pigs.html

No comments:

Post a Comment