Thursday, November 7, 2019

Week 12 Lab

I decided to do the lab for this week and focus on the creative writing video playlist. At the beginning of the semester I wasn't super prepared for the amount of writing I would have to do in the semester as a whole. I was excited for the opportunity but a little scared at what was to come. As the semester has gone on I have truly grasped creative writing and what it takes to do it at a decent level. I feel my writing has slowly gotten better and better throughout the semester and it was cool to watch and listen to the videos on the playlist to really give myself more information on creative writing and how to do ti even better than I am already doing it at. There were two videos that I really enjoyed. The first was the What makes a hero video. I love the graphics of the video and it made it very appealing to me. The content was amazing. It was cool to see the theory of how a lot of heroes in stories could be connected to each other and based off of myths and other older stories. The Hero's journey is such a cool concept and how so many hero stories follow the same storyline and I never would have thought that it would be like this. The other video that I thoroughly enjoyed was the How to build a fictional world?  The creation of worlds are so cool and it is amazing how writers can make it possible for readers to buy in and know the fictional world quickly. The faster the reader understands the world the faster they are in love with the characters and the world that has been created. A good fictional world makes a great story! It was a great experience to be able to watch and learn about creative writing and all the different things that go into to make it great!
Writer Painting his world https://images.app.goo.gl/Z3Sh1tJ1qHDZkXdx9

Bibliography:
 Story Lab: Style Playlist

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ethan,

    I remember watching that same video when I took Indian Epics last semester. I totally agree that it’s very interesting to see how what you’ve written fits into these frameworks, as well as being able to watch out for ways you can take advantage of the frameworks to build your new stories.

    (Though I’m not sure I believe the video that every story fits the mold...)

    Best,
    Alby

    ReplyDelete