Thursday, September 26, 2019

Reading Notes: Sindbad: Fifth Voyage

Today, I have decided to continue the story of Sindbad and continue to read through his voyages. I decided to analysis the beginning of his fifth voyage today. The story I read on tuesday was so well written and fun to read I had to continue to read some of his other stories that were in the collection. This one stood out amongst the few other ones that were available. This story has a quality that the previous ones did and it has a first person point of you. I will reiterate what I said in the fact that i love to have characters talk to me or have myself feel like I am in the head of the character which I definitely am in this case. It seems throughout all of the stories I have read, Sindbad is always having a issue with something that is going in this voyage. This story is no different from the rest of them. Sindbad's voyages seem to always go awry and this story doesn't take long. One of the many favorite parts that I have from this story is in the second paragraph as the suspense of the story already began as the parent birds that would attack the ship and crew and the captain knew exactly the situation. The story gets into action immediately and I am always up for action as quick as possible in stories. As long as the background of a story is decent I am fine, but most of the time stories are a little slow for me. The story continues with the action and suspense and that is awesome for me as a reader. The final paragraphs are extremely dramatic. Sindbad seems to be, always, flirting with death and he is choked out by his enemy as the story comes to an end. He survives, somehow, again as the bird lets go of him as he is near death from not being able to breath. He is tortured all night by the monsters and was given a glimmer of hope but was brought right back in when there was some hope to survive.
Giant bird stalking its prey https://images.app.goo.gl/VkppyKQ61nRpJzZ68
Bibliography: The Arabian Nights' Entertainments by Andrew Lang http://mythfolklore.blogspot.com/2014/06/sindbad-fifth-voyage.html

No comments:

Post a Comment