Friday, September 27, 2019

Week 6 Story: Georgie's Voyage

Georgie's Voyage
Hi, I am Georgie. I am from Portland and I have a story to tell you. I was just a young boy from Portland that was just doing normal middle school kid things. I was playing sports, playing outside, and I especially played in the rain. Rain was my favorite weather as you could do so many different things in the rain that weren’t possible on a dry day. I raced boats a lot when it rained. My brother, Carl, and I would always race boats and he would always win, but I got one win and that win ended up changing my life.
When I beat my brother, it was like a curse was broke or something of that nature. I felt something grab me by my ankles and it startled me. I turned around and saw a group of small beings, about 2 feet tall, that all looked like clowns. For some reason, they were all holding balloons in the shape of boats, but I couldn’t get passed the fact they were so tiny. The clowns began to chant, “Sail with us!”. This was concerning but I made the decision to be adventurous and take up their offer. They lead me into swear which was a little nasty, but it was like I was in a trance. The number of clowns that were surrounding me was too much to just leave and get away. As I made my way into the swear and small ship appeared and the foggy, musty air of the sewer. The clowns lead me onto the ship and named me captain and we set sail.
I had no idea where we were sailing to, but the clowns gave me a map and helped me navigate. The clowns could do everything as they controlled the ship with ease and made the trip as smooth as it possibly could go until the last 15 minutes. A shadow casted over the ship and I could hear the water begin to get angry and waves began to crash the ship from all sides. I looked up and there it was, the king of all Clowns, Dimewise.
It was the scariest sight I had ever seen!! He was at lest 40 feet tall! The small clowns began to run in a frenzy. The clowns had no idea what to do other than run around and hope Dimewise became confused. Dimewise was focused and began to wreak havoc on the ship. I didn’t know what to do except try to fight back. I threw a metal bucket at Dimewise, but that only made him direct his attention at me. Dimewise reached down and picked me up and it was like I was a small doll. I was tossed and thrown around to the point of me being sick to my stomach. Dimewise then stopped. It was like time had stood still as Dimewise stared into my soul then did the unthinkable, threw me in his mouth. Dimewise ate me and that is pretty much the last thing I remembered until now.
Yes, I know you may be wondering how I am telling you this story. Well, there is one answer that you may expect. I still in the belly of the beast. I am sending this through an email in hope of someone defeating the beast. I will survive as long as I need but time is slowly running out for me and the couple other guys in here with me.
The looks of the giant clown that attacks Georgie's ship https://images.app.goo.gl/RbX197DuGAzTzuVt9



Author’s Note: I based my story off of a couple of stories. The first is from the stories of Sindbad. I used the story of the third voyage as a giant eats the captain and creates some turmoil of the ship. I also used the tiny beings concept from the story as well with the small clown characters of the Sindbad story as well. I also used the story of the novel IT. The use of the clowns and the boats in the rain both came from that novel. I used the character names as well with Georgie and the clown’s name.

Bibliography: The Arabian Nights' Entertainments by Andrew Lang, http://mythfolklore.blogspot.com/2014/06/sindbad-third-voyage.htm


5 comments:

  1. Hi Georgie!

    Wow! I loved your reference to the modern-day horror film, IT. The story started out calm and casual about rain and boat racing. I am curious as to what happened to the brother and why his character was important to introduce in the exposition. Did the curse have anything to do with the clowns? From there, the story immediately escales and gains immense suspense by adding the clown creatures coming after the character. I loved how this character experiencing this was the narrator of the story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ethan! Loved your story about Georgia and the tiny clowns! Definitely a different take on IT but I think you did a great job putting a twist on it to make it unique and your own.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there! I was so intrigued by your story because just from the introduction of Hi, I'm Georgie, I instantly knew where you were going to take this story. I absolutely LOVE these movies, so I had so much fun reading your story. You did an amazing job at creating this, I am so impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ethan!
    It's wonderful that you're striving to blend different stories to create new ones! I love that you've drawn elements from a variety of tales to make something unique. Do be careful to proofread your work, however; grammatical and syntax errors popped up throughout. The most glaring error was the use of the word "swear" where I believe you meant "sewer." This was initially very confusing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Ethan!

    I liked reading this story, it was pretty creepy! The way you described the fight with Dimewise was awesome, and the twist at the end surprised me for sure. The ending in general was really fun. I liked how your wrote the whole thing from the narrator's perspective, it was naturally engaging that way. This was creative and unique, great work.

    ReplyDelete